We appear to have had a little theme running over the last couple of days.
We've been drinking Turkish Tea, we have a guest post coming up all about Turkish Tea Sellers and here for you biscuit dunkers, we have a very delicious Turkish Delight Cake recipe from A Girl and her Bird.
Hi I'm Leanne and I love a cup of tea and a slice of cake so I was very excited when Isle of Tea asked me to share this recipe for turkish delight cake! It's pretty easy to make so here it is and enjoy!
You will need...
...for the cake
110g caster sugar
110g ground almonds
2 medium free range eggs
75g chocolate (I used dark but you could use milk if you prefer!)
1/2 tsp baking powder
...for the icing
105g icing sugar
2 tsp rose water
couple of drops of pink food colouring
1. Preheat your oven to about 200c and grease a cake tin ready for your yummy mixture!
2. Melt the chocolate on the hob in a bowl over a saucepan of water or in the microwave.
3. Beat the sugar and butter until it's light, then beat in the eggs and the chocolate once it has melted.
4. Fold in the ground almonds and baking powder and then pop it in your cake tin.
5. Bake for about half an hour or until firm to touch. Take it out and patiently let it cool completely before you ice it!
6. To make the icing sift the icing sugar in a bowl and add the rose water and pink food colouring (I added a bit too much which is why mine's a very bright pink!). Then spoon over the cake.
Enjoy with a cup of tea! (Mine's milk and two sugars please!)
You can find Leanne over at her Tumblr blog at agirlandherbird and if you'd like to follow her tweetings click the link @agirlandherbird
Thanks ever so muchly Leanne for the fab recipe!